Minimize your stress.
Maximize their opportunities.
MBD College Consulting lessens your stress by guiding you and your child through the admissions process. Working on your behalf, we:
- Create individualized plans that bring out the best in your son or daughter
- Research schools where your child can thrive — academically and socially
- Simplify application tasks by dividing them into small and manageable steps
- Keep your child on track so he or she can meet deadlines
- Help your child showcase his or her strengths in applications, essays, resumes and interviews
- Create a supportive and encouraging atmosphere so you and your child can relax and enjoy the process
Our services include:
- Conduct a thorough review of your child’s high school academic record and extracurricular activities
- Lead an in-depth meeting to assess your child’s interests, strengths, goals and needs
- Administer the Do What You Are assessment to learn more about your child’s interests and possible career goals
- Develop a strategy on how to obtain strong letters of recommendation
- Recommend courses, extracurricular activities, community service and summer opportunities
- Develop a list of colleges that fit well with your child’s unique profile
- Teach your son or daughter how to research schools
- Help your child narrow his or her list of colleges
- Develop questions and offer guidance for college visits
- Provide a personal, web-based student portal to track action plans, testing and college lists
- Develop a timeline so your child stays on track during the process
- Brainstorm essay topics, review and proofread essays
- Help your child prepare a resume
- Review applications before submission
- Assist your son or daughter when corresponding with admission counselors
- Prepare your child for alumni and admission interviews
- Provide guidance on financial aid and merit aid
- Provide advice if your child is deferred or waitlisted
- Help your son or daughter make a final decision, if needed
We’ll evaluate high school and college transcripts, provide a list of colleges that meet your child’s academic and social needs, guide the writing of the transfer essays and help your son or daughter prepare for interviews.
Graduate School Applicants
We’ll help students develop ideas for the graduate school essays, suggest revisions for the essays, proofread the final draft and help prepare a resume.
MBD College Consulting also offers hourly consultation services.